Yesterday I decided to bake something different than what I usually do, so I looked through our baking book and found a recipe for these strawberry & chocolate slices.
Baking book: Easy Baking
8 oz plain flour
8 oz unsalted butter
31/2 oz caster sugar
3 oz soft light brown sugar
51/2 oz rolled oats
8 oz strawberry jam
31/2 oz plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5. Grease a rectangular baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and brown sugar and mix well. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs (this part didn't really work out well for me, it did not look like breadcrumbs at all). Stir in the oats.
- Press three quarters of the mixture into the base of the tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Spread the jam over the cooked base, then sprinkle over the chocolate chips. *Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the chocolate chitps and press down gently.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, leave to cool then cut into slices.
*At this point the recipe says to add flaked almonds but I didn't have any, so I didn't :)
They taste AMAZING! They taste so good I was even reluctant to share with my siblings hahaa.
Hope you try and enjoy them xo