Sunday 29 April 2018

5 ways to nail the polka dot trend this season

Polka dots are having a huge moment this season and I am loving it.
I fell out of love with the peplum style a while ago but when I saw this top I forgot all about that. It has a cropped style so would go perfectly with all things high-waisted. The subtle yellow shadow is one of my favourite things about this top. You can barely see it, but when you do it instantly adds a little edge to the top. It also allows me to pair this top with something yellow which I will definitely do when I wear it again, because I have absolutely no problem with wearing things twice.
Shadow Spot Print Wrap Top | Topshop
Raw Hem Straight Leg Jeans | Topshop
Patent Heeled Ankle Boots | Raid (old - can also be seen here)
Suede Envelope Cluth Bag | ASOS

Some of you may think of polka dots and automatically associate them with with Minnie Mouse - but after featuring on the runways of Balenciaga, Valentino and Dior there has been an abundance of inspiration on social media from bloggers and street style gurus.

I'm not someone who always follows trends, and when I do sometimes it takes me a while to finally jump on the bandwagon. But I am fully embracing polka dots. I've always loved the monochrome trend and so I see polka dots as an upgrade. I've been watching this trend for a few months and was waiting for the right pieces to experiment with. I've made quite a few purchases already and I can see myself making a few more!

There are so many ways to wear this trend so I'm going to share with you five easy and stylish ways to inject polka dots into your wardrobe this season:

1. Polka dot trousers
We all know how unpredictable weather can be so trousers are the perfect item for transitioning weather. Wear with a chunky knit jumper for those cooler spring days or add a loose tee for when summer finally arrives.
Polka Dot Cropped Trousers £36 | Topshop
Spot Print and Striped Wide Leg Trousers £45 | Topshop
Dingo Polka Dot Wide Leg Pants £390 | Max Mara

2. Polka dot top
A polka dot top can be dressed down with jeans (like my look above) or dressed up with a skirt and sandals for the perfect smart/casual spring/summer look.
Mixed Spotted Wrap Top £34 | Topshop
Ruffle Wrap Blouse £59 | & Other Stories
Crossover Polka Dot T-Shirt £15.99 | Zara

3. Polka dot skirt
Midi skirts are chic and the polka dot print adds that a little something extra to them. Paired with trainers and a tee or a blouse and heels, you'll definitely be summer ready.
Midi Skirt with Ruffle Detail £32 | ASOS
Jacquard Polka Dot Skirt £29.99 | Zara

4. Polka dot dress
If you're not sure how to style a single item, dresses are a great way of adding a trend to your wardrobe. Once on, all you have to worry about are accessories! Keep them simple or use them to add some colour to the outfit.
Polka Dot Dress with Shoulder Pads £19.99 | Zara
Square Neck Mini Slip Dress £29 | Topshop
Isa Polka Dot Silk Dress £625 | Saloni (completely out of my price range but my gosh I love!)

5. Coloured polka dots
Step away from the black and white monochrome and add some colour. Polka dots plus colour doesn't have to equal Mr. Blobby! See some cute examples below.
Polka Dot Dress with Bow £25.99 | Zara
Polka Dot Trousers £39.99 | Zara
Polka Dot Print Top £25.99 | Zara
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© KechYourStyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig