I've made these brownies in the past and I liked them so much I ended up finishing the rest of the batch myself, whoops! So, I've decided to make them again (however I cannot guarantee the same thing won't happen again :P)
350g/12oz dark chocolate, broken into pieces
3 large eggs
250g/9oz dark muscovado sugar
85g/3oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees/Gas mark 3/Fan oven 140 degrees. Butter and line a 23cm/9in square cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter, then stir well and cool.
- Whisk the eggs until pale, then whisk the sugar until thick and glossy and well combined. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour and baking powder and gently stir until smooth.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until firm to touch.
- Cool in the tin for at least an hour, then cut and finish cooling on a wire rack.
The recipe book says it makes 16 but I got 28! Although I think it's because of the way I cut them...
Let me know if you give them a try xo
*Recipe from BBC Books 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried-And-Tested Recipes