I love to bake!
This may be new information to my followers/readers but if you were to ask my family and friends they'd tell you how much I love baking. It comes so naturally to me. I bake all the time; I've baked for friends in the past, for birthdays for my family and sometimes when I'm bored!
So I thought I'd share with you what I baked today. They're just simple cupcakes with a hint of lemon. I don't know any recipes passed down from family generations, I get all mine from cook books, the internet or in this case on the back of the caster sugar packet :) I tweeked the recipe a little bit (I'll put what the actual recipe said in red). Also, it says it makes 12 but I managed to get 19!
150g soften butter
150g caster sugar
(3) 2 eggs
150g self-raising flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
(2) 1 tbsp milk
Juice of half a lemon
For the icing:
(125g) 120g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Fan 160c/Gas mark 4. Line a cup cake tin with cup cake cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and pale.
- Beat the eggs together with a fork then gradually add to the mixture, beating really well until the mixture is combined.
- Fold in the flour, milk and vanilla extract using a large metal spoon. Do this as lightly as possible to keep all air in your mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 20 minutes or until risen and springy.
- For the icing sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually add 1 tbsp of water until the icing is thick enough (I only put 1 tbsp of lemon juice).
- Spoon the icing onto the cooled cakes and decorate as desired.
I hope this recipe is as good to you as it was to me. They taste amazing and are so easy to make, hope you enjoy them!
If you try them let me know. Or if you know of any other recipes you think I should try, then let me know about them too! xo